BC Hospitality Group is committed to integrating sustainability into our core business strategy. We choose the most sustainable solution, provided that it makes sense and adds value.
It is a commitment we hold in high regard, as we know it is not only important but also generates pride amongst our colleagues and owners, and builds trust with our guests, business partners and local communities.
This commitment is brought to life through our culture and by embedding sustainable practices through our 360° holistic approach called Responsible Hospitality.
It is our vision to be pioneers in the Danish hospitality industry. To go beyond providing the best possible service and delivering the highest possible quality to our guests and customers.
We want to show how contributing positively to the stewardship of our business, the environment, our employees and local community can all be compatible goals.
Read more about our Responsible Hospitality Policies below.
Read our “Responsible Hospitality Report 2017”
BUSINESS INTEGRITY POLICY
Through our Business Integrity Policy we promote responsible business behaviors throughout the organization to ensure strong culture of business ethics.
• We conduct our operations in accordance with the principles of fair competition and will abide by applicable laws and regulations
• We will in all dealings with business partners, seek to preserve the highest standards of integrity, objectivity, fairness, efficiency, courtesy and professionalism and will look to them to set similar standards.
• We will apply a zero-tolerance approach with respect to corruption, extortion and bribery.
• We will not accept any personal gifts, gratuities, premiums or other incentives when choosing suppliers. We prefer incentives expressed in acceptable business terms, e.g., quality, service and price.
• We will only purchase goods and services, which supports the purposes of business for BC Hospitality Group.
• We will aim to ensure that the best value for money is being obtained and that its resources are being used to the greatest benefit.
• We will work towards a system of ensuring that our suppliers and business partners are environmentally responsible, are not complicit in any violations of human rights or labour rights and do not participate in or permit corruption in all its forms.
The demands we make of our suppliers are specified in our Supplier Code of Conduct.
OUR HUMAN RIGHTS POLICY
BC Hospitality Group acknowledges and respects the principles contained in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Our Human Rights Policy reflects our commitment to conduct business in a manner consistent with these principles and to protect human rights within our sphere of influence.
• We will support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights - in particular those of our employees, our business partners and within our local community.
•We will strive to not be complicit in human rights abuses and require our suppliers to do the same.
• We will ensure a healthy and safe environment in all hotels and venues.
• We will promote diversity in the workplace and will not tolerate discrimination.
• We will respect our employees' rights to voluntary freedom of association and recognize their right to collective bargaining.
• We will support employees with training and opportunities for promotion to help them reach their potential and maximize their contribution to our company strategy.
• We will recruit, employ and promote employees on the basis of objective criteria, their qualifications and abilities required for the job to be performed.
• We will provide several channels for complaints to ensure any concerns are efficiently addressed.
At BC Hospitality Group we try to make a positive difference to the environment by taking steps to manage our environmental impacts in a responsible way.
By closely monitoring and managing waste streams, and natural resources used at our hotels and venues, we can not only drive cost efficiencies, but also meet the expectations of our stakeholders.
• We will continue to improve our environmental performance and we will implement environmentally friendly solutions, wherever it makes economic and environmental sense without compromising the experience of quality and comfort at our hotels and venues.
• We will reduce environmental pollution and make the most efficient use of resources our energy, water and other natural resources, promoting conservation and savings wherever possible and practical.
• We will incorporate environmental considerations, including animal welfare into our actions and procurement decisions.
• We will raise awareness of environmental matters among our employees and stakeholders.
• We will optimize our waste reduction through reusing materials where possible, recycling and limiting our use of hazardous materials where alternatives are available, economical and suitable.
• We will monitor, record and benchmark our environmental performance on a periodic basis.